Friday, March 31, 2006

Short one (for once)

I'm at my dad's house right now and all of the pictures and projects I want to post are at my mom's so right now it'll just be short and sweet.

So in the past couple days I started a mock-cable scarf from SnBN with my green angora. I also started a shawl/capelet thing from a knitting magazine whose name I can't recall. I forgot the capelet pattern at my mom's so I ended up frogging it because it was knitting up smaller than it was supposed to anyways and it was boring stockingette. With the scarf I ended up getting bored of the stitch pattern so I just turned it into a "therapy scarf" for knitting therapy. I even made the word "therapy" and a knit/purl pattern. I'm pretty proud of it. I'm pretty much just going nuts with easy, relaxing stitch patterns that look really nice and eccentric but don't piss me off too much. So far I have simple garter stich as separators between different blocks of stich patterns, yo/k2tog, seed stich and the mock-cables.

Oh! I also finished spinning up my red/orange/pink silk.. I have never been so proud of anything I've done in my life. I've decided I love spinning and will now officially start yearning for a really nice spinning wheel that I won't be able to afford until I retire.... Depressing, ain't it?

And now I would like to show whoever the hell even reads this thing my two new favourite yarn shop websites.

Jenny Neutron Star
This place has Jenny Neutron Star and Drucilla and they are both awesome! Lots of superchunky yarns with insano-slubs and these really neat beehive thingys. I's really like to try the beehive thingys. And they also have another thing I've never seen before, some of the yarns have little stuffed animals spun right into them! Don't ask me how...

Pluckyfluff
This one is so cooool! She (i'm assuming it's a she... or shes) spins the craziest fibers! Aluminum... Aluminum! And she have yarns with whole silkworm cocoons spun in!

Oh my gosh! These two sites are so inspiring! So awesome! I finally have a rad use for those ass-nasty christmas tinsel garlands! I'm going to go buy some rexlace too... knit that up, saweeet.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name