Sunday, September 17, 2006

Here We Go

I just found the best new way to post pictures... it's so bloody simple. Thanks Flickr! Just copy and paste! Yes.... So happy now.

This is my giant chocolate bar. Seriously, it's 4" x 9", I measured it. It's so delicious. Its orange flavoured milk chocolate, with nougat crisps in it. I wish I could share it with you all, I probably could too, with some to spare. Swedish people are brilliant, I got this from IKEA.

I like orange chocolate a lot, my first orange chocolate experience was a very good one, making everything after it also good, it was a dark chocolate covered orange peel, so very good, Bernard Callebaut.

These are some very skinny, bright pink taper candles. I think they're absolutely adorable. I really love candles, I have a tonne of them too. At IKEA they sell refills in packs just like they sell their regular tapers. Here you can see them still attached by the umbilical cord.


Another Before and After picture. On the left are my three little plants, an avocado pit (it hasn't sprouted yet), a begonia (I think that's what it is, I always forget), and my ornamental pepper plant (the coolest plant ever, its got purple, red, yellow and orange baby peppers. You don't eat them though). Before they only had their plastic pots and some drain plates that I stole from our actual dishes.

On the left, you see them after, they are now in brightly colored pots/drain plates. The pots act as drain plates because they just suspend the existing pots and hide them at the same time, the plastic pots fit in perfectly. There's one in pink, blue, green and orange. And no your not crazy, there is one more plant there, it a baby tree with a braided trunk. At IKEA they sell them about teenager sized too, but this is much more reasonable for my space. I think the new pots compliment the plants well, pink for the yellow begonia, blue for the avocado (which will just be green when it sprouts), green for the peppers (they have so much color themselves, green works well) and orange for the plain green braided tree. I really need to stake that tree though, it got a little pushed over on the way home from IKEA.

Now for a new, extra big, issue of Christmas Yarn!

Above, you can see some 100% wool yarn, one is an earthy green (much warmer than in the picture), the other is the same kind of yarn, but variegated. It's got the same green with brown and taupe.

This is a beautiful 100% alpaca yarn, the color is pretty dead on, maybe a little darker, I had to use the flash.

Same yarn, but in a very rich red, it's not blindingly bright, which is good, but it is still very striking. It's quite lovely.


This Christmas Yarn series has had me pining for a camera with macro mode... For the relatives out there reading this, this camera is on my wish list. Of course, I don't really expect to get it, let's be realistic, is anyone going to spend 300 bucks on one gift? Yeah I don't think so.


Yesterday I made my own google map! Go see! I've mapped out all of the yarn stores that I've been to in Calgary. At first, I had all the yarn stores I had heard about too, but in the posts, I put reviews and I didn't like not being able to review those places that I hadn't been. I might put them back later if I can find a way to make them a different color or something.

And, is it just me? Or does anyone else think that an all-American 49 year old should know the difference between 'through' and 'threw?' It's unfortunate people with good, wealthy lives should be so uneducated. (no, I'm not talking about all people with good, wealthy lives, just one in particular whom I will not disclose)

I have recently found this blog called 'Abusing of God's patience and the King's English.' I don't quite understand the title, but I find her absolutely hilarious. I found her through an article in the new Knitty and she made me laugh endlessly there as well. (that article is very good but the technique she teaches just makes my eyes glaze over, it's so very complicated, I must learn it) And she can spell! Well, Jesus, she better be able to, she does write for Merriam-Webster after all. (how cool is that?) I'd love to play Scrabble with her, what a fun challenge that would be! (although I would insist on myself having a dictionary and not her)

I believe I'm finally done, learned some great stuff today.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name