Tuesday, September 19, 2006

You know your a knitting nerd when...

...the first thing you do after you get home from school is open up blogger to post about what? Well, knitting, of course.


On Sunday, I phoned Make One just to make sure that they got my email and resume, the woman I spoke to (I'm so sorry, I'm absolutely horrible with names) said that she didn't really take care of the email stuff so she'd ask Amy and get back to me. I got a call as soon as I got home today from them, they can't really hire anyone right now (which I pretty much already knew, Amy said they'd just hired three new people) but they'll keep my resume handy in case they get really busy in the fall and need more people. The woman I talked to today (I'm pretty sure it was the same girl, again, horrible with names) said that they were always looking for new teachers though. Wow, it's a great idea, but... I'm such a novice, what would I teach that anyone wouldn't already know? That and, would anyone want to be taught something by a teenager? Pondering commences.

Look what I did yesterday after school! My mom bought me a poster from IKEA a while back. But, like any good child, I'm more interested in the box the toy came in! Or rather, the big sheet of cardboard that the poster came wrapped with. Look what I did with it:


It's far from done, when it is done (that wont be for a long while) it'll have a border of bottle caps (they're like fortune cookies) with the inside all being the labels. Jones Soda=Yum Forever.

This used to be an ugly pink sweater, now it's a pile of nice pink yarn, fingering or lace weight I think. I have no idea what the fiber content is, there was no tag on the sweater. It's got a halo like wool does, I'm pretty sure it's got some acrylic content, but it's got this really nice shine to it too, to much shine for acrylic, so I'm thinking maybe some silk in there as well?


I want to wait until I get a niddy-noddy to skein and wash this stuff. I might have to make one, I have a very small budget right now, I need to save up for my Halloween costume. but yeah, I want to try and fit that all into one skein, does that seem viable?

What else... knitting knitting... Oh, dad I took your sock off the needles because I need them for a Christmas present, don't worry, as soon as I'm done, they'll go back on. They have to because I just joined Socktoberfest 2006!

Yay! This is a great KAL for me, I have a lot of unfinished socks on hold at the moment, as well as half pairs.

I've been working on the razor cami a lot, it doesn't seem to be growing... I made a boo boo a couple rows back that I didn't have the energy to go back a whole row and fix, I might drop the stitch and fiddle with it later, but I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about doing that with a yarn over column. What I did was accidentally make an extra yarn over, so to fit it, I just knit two together, but now it looks funny. I'm worried about dropping it and just making a weird, big yarn over there... It's difficult to explain, and the more I try, the less it makes sense so never mind.

The weathers been getting chillier around here lately, I smell my first sweater coming around the corner. I must finish all of my Christmas projects first though, gah! So hard to resist.

I forgot to mention, on Sunday, I visited Gina Brown's near Chinook Mall. It's a wonderful place, I wish I had had more time to look around, but we had to get going to my hair appointment. They have a ton of yarn there, really nice stuff, not bad prices either. I think I'll send Diana my resume today and apply there as well, they look like they could use some help. The only complaint about this place was from my dad, 'they need couches,' he says. Ha! How great is that? He usually gets a nap a Make One on the big, white, leather couch. (that is a nice couch!) Oh well, at least this time he was involved in the process, he really loved all the bright colors that they had, he loves bright colors.

By the way dad, I figured out your Christmas present, no I'm not telling, but I think you'll like it... You'd better. :)

I never know how to conclude these things so... conclusion!

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name