Friday, December 22, 2006

Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say that, yes, I am still alive. And also to say:

LOOK WHAT I FREAKING GOT!!!!!Bahahahaha... So awesome.... It's and Ashford Kiwi. I even started spinning some wool last night! This was a present (!) from my Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt Wendy, Uncle Shane and Aunt Kim. BTW: Wendy, that part that Gracie (dog) so lovingly chewed on is the part that keeps the bobbin stationary while the rest of the wheel is spinning. It is important but it still pretty much does it's job anyways, I'll still have to check if i can get a replacement for it. This wheel needs to be finished. (stained/varnished) But I don't know if I need to take the whole thing apart to do that or what. Any ideas?

I'm finding spinning really fun so far, I just need to remember to draft first and Jesus Murphy, don't stop pedalling. It also doesn't work too well on hardwood, it kept sliding away from me last night. I kept having to grab it and pull it back just as I got into a rhythm.

So it's almost Christmas and I only have three presents done... Um. I'll get there I guess.

Anyways, I've been doing some yarn shopping lately. (Gotta love that paycheck... oh yeah, I got a job, that hasn't been mentioned on here yet, has it?) Lets start with the beautiful Artyarns Ultramerino 4:The top is color 141 and the bottom is 114. (weird?) I am absolutely in love with this stuff.... It's so soft and I just love the colors. So autumny... I shall make beautiful socks with this here yarn...

NEXT!
This is Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift. Two balls each of 1020 Nighthawk and 1160 Scotch Broom. These will be used to make Eunny's Endpaper Mitts.

Um kaybyenow.

1 comment:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name