Thursday, November 02, 2006

Squee!


I miss the Logan-ator...

I've watched that movie at least four times today. It just makes me so giddy.

So I kinda forgot just a little about blogger... I've been busy. Lots of baking... Other stuff too.

First up; the Lemon and Almond Damp Cake
It turned out really great. If your still having trouble figuring out what a 'damp' cake is, think of it as the kind that's moist enough that you can smush the leftover crumbs together. In this picture you see it with some pink lemonade (I think I was on a dangerous lemon kick that day.)


Next up; Lemon curd.This was good too. Unlike the cake, I still have most of this left. (the cake is all gone now) I ended up using the measurements form this recipe and the instructions from this one. The reason being, not only would the second one give me waaay too much curd, but how the hell am I supposed to know how many lemons I need to make 12 tbsp of juice and 12 tsp of zest?! This also took forever to cook because you have to wait for it to thicken on the lowest heat setting (because was using a regular saucepan, not a double one) and, as we all know, Katie is not a patient girl.

I have been working on things, more Christmas stuff. I've started the red alpaca project. Taken the proejct taking up my size 3 DPNs of them and now that yarn is lying in wait too. I've got three projects going that are for me, the orange socks, a garter-stitch scarf out of the hemp leftover from the maze hat and a garter-stitch scarf on the second-biggest needles I own out of two strands of thrifted blue mohair.

This picture was supposed to be of my cats, but the garter-stitch scarf is in there so I figured I'd post it.


I've also been shopping all day. Online. It started with looking for Green & Blacks chocolate, then looking at a Fair Trade site I came across, then feverishly looking for some bloody store that ships the damn stuff to friggin Canada!!!! My god... I finally found one... it's a messy and disorganized site, but it ships to Canada.

Badum, I'm done.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name