Thursday, August 31, 2006

Brain-Cramp

I've been working on my plans for the NIN bag since I've now got the swatch shaved and I can figure out my gauge. I did a ton of math last night. I was tired but it still worked. Now, my head is filled with a million equations and some of them don't quite match up. Part of the issue is that my computer refuses to print off a picture in the correct size. I'm not yet sure what I'll do. I'll figure it out eventually, right now I've got other projects to concentrate on.

I'm really trying to finish some stuff up, I really need to narrow down the amout of WIPs I've got going. Especially as I need to get started on christmas projects soon.

Here's what I have to finish:

  1. Plum Razor Cami
  2. Neon Pom-Squad
  3. Pirate Mittens
  4. Dad's Blue Socks
  5. VooDoo ArmWarmers
  6. Knucks (these might get frogged)
  7. Branching Out Scarf
  8. Green Angora Spiral Scarf
I'm pretty sure thats it... God, I hope it is. Does that seem like a lot?

Carmen is trying very hard to get on my lap at the moment, but I don't feel like being a lap right now.

Hey! What's that? Yarn?Why yes, it is yarn! Orange yarn!

Yes indeedy, folks. This is the first in a series of Christmas Yarns. No, I can't tell you what it's for, what weight it is or what brand it is. Not until christmas is over at least. All I can tell you for now is that it's yarn and it's orange. Oooo, Ahhh. Pretty.

I somehow managed to do absolutely no knitting yesterday, this is not an easy feat for me. I guess I just didn't feel very motivated. I was also busy yesterday, writing yesterdays post and bike-riding to an appointment and back from it in the rain. Gosh that was fun, I love going through puddles, I noticed that I talked to myself alot.

Some day I want to make this:
I think it would be wonderful in SouthWest Trading Company's Oasis.

Being 100% Soysilk (sooo cooool) I've been wanting to try it for a while. I've seen how it drapes and I think it would work beautifully with this pattern. Click the pattern link please, then you can see all the ways it can be worn. The trouble is, there are no interesting variegated colorways in Oasis. The only remotely colorful one is Purplexed but I still think it's too monotone. I'd like to get as close to the color that they use in the pattern as possible. I like that one a lot.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my orange juice... Or not, I'm kind of in yarn mode right now. Maybe I'll try working on something.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name