Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Warning, picture heavy really lots-like

Currently Listening To: Dixie Chicks songs
Currently Knitting: Neon Rainbow Socks! ... and pirate mittens and razor cami and a bazillion other things...

So mom and I just got back from Kelowna yesterday. It was really fun and I got alot of yarn. She spent alot of money on me but I think I deserved it... For certain reasons...

This would be Carmen, wearing the, finsihed, second Maze. It looks like a rasta hat on her, Rasta Kitty!

This is the yarn that I thrifted and am making VooDoo wristwarmers out of. Click on the pic to see the super-huge version of it and you can see the ever-so-subtle variegation of the yarn. I actually have one wristwarmer finished now... the thumb-hole is a little tight but i think I'm going to block it to death to fix that. The white and black yarn you see there is for my Pirate Mittens, which now have about an inch of cuff.On the trip to Kelowna, it rained most of the way, we drove through alot of clouds, it was kinda neat.

We stop in Golden (?) for lunch at a palce that puts brown paper on their tables and gives you crayons to draw with, I drew this. Yeah, I ripped it off from someone else, but whatever...This is me at D Dutchman's Dairy, with my chocolate peanut butter moose ice cream (in a waffle cone, of course) and saying hi to the cows. This one licked me, cows tongues are twice as rough as cat tongues! It felt funny.
These are birds that I can only describe as over-fed pigeons, they look like pigeons, but they're huge!

This is a horse that my family has visited all the time, we named him Patch. This is where he bit me... I guess he was hungry, I have a ping-pong ball sized bruise to prove it!
This is Patch getting it right the next time, grass, not Katie's arm, kay?
This is a tunnel we went through, you can see the reflection of our starbucks coffees in the windshield.The day of my mom's reunion, I sat in the hotel room, watching a Jerry Springer musical (it was weird...) and knitting a sunglasses case (below) that is now finished.
This is the bag in which my new bathing-suit came in. It's cute.

See?
This is the art of yarn, in Pandosy... It's an awesome shop, they have NORO!!!!
This is the stuff I bought from The Art Of Yarn. I have a ball of regia self-striping sock yarn that is already being turned into socks, I'm doing pom-squad. I also got three balls of Crystal Palace Kid Merino, I plan to make this into something lacey... I don't know what yet though... The ball band just says 'verious gauges'... great, real helpful guys. So I don't know what the hell weight it is, so I can't look for patterns that I can sub it for.
We also stopped in Vernon to go to The Never Ending Yarn. I got this sock yarn that come in really pretty, muted, heathery colors, I got green/brown. This is the coolest sock yarn ever folks! It has aloe vera and jojoba oil right in the yarn! You make moisurizing socks with this stuff!!! It felt so nice on my fingers, which are still suffering from that reaction to the Phentex.Thats it for now, just pictures... anyways, bye

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name