Tuesday, August 29, 2006

C is for Cookie

Well I'm dissapointed, I had a really good post done yesterday and I was really happy with it but, apparently, Picasa or Blogger was hungry... I don't know what the heck happened but the post just never showed up. Damn, I'm just not digging Picasa at the moment. So here we go again. I switched over to Blogger Beta yesterday, and I have to say that, so far, it's pretty cool. I like that it's easier to edit the layout now. (Which is why I switched in the first place) I've been looking for ways to make blogging easier lately. If anyone else has any ideas, drop me a line after the beep. (That's what I've named my comments now. Neat, huh?)

I'll start with what I did on Sunday, I was staying at my dad's and I decided that we should go to Make One Yarn Studio to see if they needed any part-time help this year, even though I'd been there just the day before with my mom, I just had the idea on sunday morning. I spoke with Amy, she said that I could email her my resume and a little about my life as a knitter. I don't think I've ever wanted a job so much, this would be my dream. To work in a yarn store, gosh, it wouldn't even be work! If your reading this, Amy, I'd love to work with you ladies! (I gave her a link to my blog) Now I just have to get the mean little voice in my head to shut-up and I'm good to go.

How does one tame the wiry, stiff-as-a-board mess that is hemp yarn? Well, you wind your yarn on your ball winder as usual but you stop every once in a while to spritz it with water. When your done, position your fan (or aim a hair dryer) at the yarn whilst it is still on the winder. When it's half-way dry, take it off and leave it to dry overnight and whatnot. Works for me!

I've made some decent progress on my neon pom-squad, I have a little less than one stripe to go until I can turn the heel. Wee... I want these socks to be done... they're boring. Thank god they're ankle socks. I don't think I'll ever be able to live through a pair of knee-highs, at least not plain ones.

This is branching out in pink crochet cotton. I've got two pattern repeats done so far. Is anyone else out there having trouble reading the chart? I understand it and all, it's just so teeny!
I'm trying really hard to stashbust my yarns because I'm starting to get overwhelmed. I think that, from time to time, I'll be posting pictures and stats about some yarns in my stash and asking for ideas on projects for them. But seriously, does anyone other than my family read this thing?!

Look! It's the Leaning Tower of Yarnza! Hahaha, I crack me up.Bottom's up: White Buffalo Lama rusty dark orange 100% Wool 2 x 50g/yardage not given. Pingouin Spring 100% Egyptian Mercerized Cotton in seafoam 2 x 50g/134m-146yds. Sunbeam Shantung 65% Natural Silk 35% Pure Wool natural color 4 x 25g/yardage not given but they do tell me that it was spun by Richard Ingham... Uh, thanks for the yarn, Richard? Any suggestions for these yarns are more than welcome, I'm thinking something socks for the cotton, but thats just because I don't know what else to use it for.

I'm starting to make some Christmas presents. Or at least I'm buying yarn for them, I'm not doing anything big this year (ie: no sweaters or blankets) after all, I am a beginner... technically. I wouldn't want to subject my relatives to the ever-so-crappy 'first-time sweater.' I do have some great ideas though. I'm looking forward to making this stuff.

Here's my dad's blue sock. I've finally gotten to a point where.... Well where it actually counts as a point. I've never made this much progress before and I'm really proud.He doesn't seem to believe that I will finish this sock and I will make a second. Come on, obviously me making this much progress means something, does it not? Jeeze...

I decided to knit up a swatch (my first swatch ever) with the Peruvian Highland Wool, I've decided that I want to do the NIN bag in fair isle. I just didn't have the patience to try and figure out my backwards double knitting. This way, I can line it with some nice fabric. I want to get something really nice to line it, like some exspensive silk or something. It's only half a yard. It would have to be a jewel tone purple though, I love jewel tones.
I don't know what the heck happened. It's so bloody furry! I desperately need a lint-shaver. I can't check my gauge until I can see the damn stitches!

This is razor cami, she's past four inches now and I've finished the first ball of yarn. I'm not sure I've got enough for the whole thing, hopefully I have.
Here's hoping my post doesn't get eaten again! So long!

1 comment:

  1. Awright!!! I'm gettin' a so-ock, I'm gettin' a so-ock... Now which foot? Hmmm......

    ReplyDelete

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name