Thursday, August 10, 2006

Like the flash...

Currently Listening To: Deeper Underground - Jamiroquai
Currently Knitting: Hemp hat (almost done!) and I'm going to start the pirate mittens soon

I just got my Elann.com order today! Squee! It was totally speedy, kudos for elann.com and Canada Post! The Brittany Birch DPNs are soooo beautiful. I can't wait to get started with them. They have the size stamped right on them, which I think should be required by law or something... Just my opinion, haha. I just hate it when I have know clue what size my needles are. The only thing I don't like about these needles is that, once you open the package that they come in, you can't really re-use it, it's big and bulky... I like to keep my dpns together because I tend to lose things... Oh well I guess, I could always make something.

I also got my Devon wool for the mittens, very excited about that. Highland Wool too, for my felted NIN bag. I'm excited about that but I still have a lot of planning to do. I have worked out a (highly disproportionate) schematic for it but I still need to work out a few things, like needles size, how big it needs to be before felting, and I need to see if I have to make a whole new Reznor face chart because I don't think it's going to be big enough.

I also got a back-issue of the Holiday 2005 Vogue Knitting, I rather like it. I want to make my first sweater some time soon. I'm going to be sporting knit-wear like whoa in the winter. Interweave Knits Summer issue also came today, a little late, but I subscribed pretty late too. I like it, though I'm more excited for the winter issue to see what Eunny made! It just looks so pretty! The weird thing is, the label on the envelope said Winter 06 so I thought that was what I was getting, and now I'm thinking maybe I'll be getting all the issues late? Like that TV show about the guy who got the next day's newspaper and saved the people's lives and stuff, except my situation is backwards. What was that show called.... Was that guy who plays Ecklund on Mysterious Ways in it? Or am I thinking of someone else, did he have red hair? Hmmm...

My massage therapist told me today that I sit too much (too much knitting and computer!) and that I need to do some exercises to stretch my hip flexors... I also think she hit something funny in my middle/lower back, because it really hurts now. I didn't feel it until a little while ago... Owie. Next time I'm gonna have to get her to do middle back instead of shoulders and lower back. Blah.

Am I done? I'm done... yep. Bye.
Kate

1 comment:

  1. You've run into the weirdness of seasonal publishing. Winter is the first part of the year, so Winter '06 is long over. What's coming up is Fall '06 (and it's coming way, wa-a-a-ay too soon...)

    ReplyDelete

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name