Monday, August 21, 2006

Lets get organized?

Currently Listening To: Everything I've Got, Tool especially.
Currently Knitting: Ruffle Scarf, Razor Cami, Neon Socks, Pirate Mittens

I need your help readers. That is, if any knitters reads this blog yet. I read something (I don't know when) on some blog about not using Eucalan to wash wool. This person uses a commercial (I think) product that is usually used to wash fleece before processing. I think the name started with an 'S'. I thought I read it on Grumperina's blog, but I couldn't find it again, so it may have been Whispering Pines, Craftoholic or Knitting Escapism. (these are all blogs I have been reading in the past couple of days) Keep in mind, when I discover a new blog, I often read as many entries as possible, usually until I hit the very first entry. Yeah I get bored sometimes and I like to read. I still have a big hunch that the info is from Grumperina but I've searched for 'Eucalan' in her search bar (she mentions not liking to use Eucalan) and I've come up blank. I've also been going backwards through her entries and trying to find it again, I'm not quite finished doing that yet so I may have some luck yet. Thanks for your help if your able to give it.

Edited to add: (before I've even finished the entry) IT'S SYNTHRAPOL!!! And it was on Grumperina's blog. But I still can't find the exact entry...

This will probably be another photo-intensive entry. Does anyone out there know if entry-cuts are possible on Blogger? Like they have on LiveJournal? I think that people might appreciate it a lot if I could do that.

I got a surge of organizational energy today, I decided to photo-document all of my WIPs (works in progress for the family) and all of my projects that I will be doing in the future and already have yarn for. Look!

These are my neon socks, modelled below. They're a real challenge to get on at the moment, I think my feet are extra bony or something. These are knit in Regia 4 Ply Neon following the Pom-Squad Pattern.


This is a Spiral Scarf in the angora that I hand-dyed a long time ago, I plan to knit until I run out of yarn and I'm thinknig of trying to felt it a bit, maybe it'll shed less that way?


This is one VooDoo armwarmer, I have yet to make the second one. It's made of some hand-dyed worsted weight wool that I found at Goodwill.


There's alot more but I'm using these new photo uploading programs called Hello and Picasa, (google it) the programs work with each other but I haven't figured out how to add more pictures to an entry, I might have to try again later. I got these programs because I was having alot of trouble with the Blogger uploader, it kept stalling out and taking way forever. I find that this works better but I still haven't fully figured it out.

All done for now.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name