Thursday, July 20, 2006

Knitting! Yes Knitting! I Still Knit!

But first! Last night, I was sitting, minding my own business, playing solitaire and a big-ass crawly bug falls from the ceiling onto my keyboard!!!! I think it got out and went somewhere else but I can't help but feel like it's gonna crawl out any minute and eat me! So I'm typing a little harder today, just in case it's still in there. But I freaked out and ran up stairs to drag my mother out of bed to come help me find it and kill it. I know I'm a wimp. My poor kitty is all scared because, of course, I jumped up and started saying "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" and he's all wide-eyed and freaked out too because he doesn't know whats going on. I ended up not being too freaked out to stay in my room last night but it took me a while to fall asleep. And I'm hoping my kitty got a nice juicy bug-snack in the middle of the night. I have the vacuum down here just incase I find the bugger. When I first turned the computer on today I stabbed every button on the keyboard with a fat knitting needle (handy!) and for the first few minutes I was typing with a needle, then it got a little tedious soooo, I'm back to regular finger typing. But, ewwwww, it was really big and it had wayyyy too many legs!!! Mom said it might have been a moth that fell, which is considerably less gross, as long as it doesn't touch my stinkin' yarn. But I don't think moths are shiny and brown and wingless!!!

Anyways, I'm making my skin crawl and I'm sweating while I'm typing cus I'm a little freaked out still (can you tell?) You know, I have no problem with bugs outside, that's their territory. But as soon I find them in my house, they are dead. Except beetles, they're dead no matter what... (they're just creepy, kinda mean, eh?)

Sooo, I'm posting an order on Elann.com today for some elann.com collection Canapone in Café au Lait and Burnt Olive for Maze. It's a much cheaper alternative to allhemp6 but it's still hemp which I've been wanting to try for a very long time. And you get even more for even less!!! I love that. I'm also getting three balls of Peruvian Collection Baby Silk in Aubergine, it's the best color I could find that might look good on me, they don't have a great selection for my skin tone on this one, oh well. That yarn is for the razor cami which I have also been wanting to make for quite some time. This is also a much cheaper alternative to Alpaca & Silk by Blue Sky Alpacas. It might not be as wonderful as I'm sure Alpaca & Silk is but, let's remember people, I'm a poor, jobless (for now) high-school student. I've been saving up allowance (old school) for quite a while for a big order on kpixie (which I love to death) but elann.com is just sooo much more in my price range at the moment. I also ordered some Bryspun needles for these project that are probably pieces of crap but they're the cheapest on the site.


Did I tell you all about how I got bored and I this giant ball of black Phentex sitting on my yarn
shelf that needed a project. Thus, VuDu was born! His pattern can be found here. Here he is!
Isn't he cute! (p.s. I went to The Phantom of the Opera, see my program?) He's a little voodoo dolly! I don't intend to use him for voodoo, he's just a cute decoration. Unfortunately, I have a moderate contact allergy to Phentex and other acrylic yarns that I forgot about. The palm of my left hand was all bumpy and the fingerpads are still all peely. Yummy, eh? I have these really itchy bumps on my fingertips so I have to chew on my fingers to scratch the itchies. Heres a little visual helper!
Lovely!

Another thing, not knitting related. Has anyone heard of The Waking Eyes? Go look them up, they're Canadian! Some of their popular songs are On a Train and But I Already Have It. The second one has a video on youtube.com Also, look up Mellisa Auf Der Maur or just Auf Der Maur, she's the former bassist for Courtney Love's band, Hole. I like her. Some of her songs are Real a Lie and Taste You. One more band! Sam Roberts! My favourite of all! Canadian too! His songs are Bridge to Nowhere, Where Have All the Good People Gone, The Gate, Don't Walk Away Eileen, Hard Road and Brother Down. (the ones with no links have no youtube videos)

Baaah like a sheep.

Have I ever mentioned that I play the drums and guitar? Well I do... I've had a drum kit for almost a year that I bought off of a friend who bought it off of someone else who bought it off another someone. So I got it for twenty bucks! Good deal! The only problem, I didn't have a bass pedal, until now! I just bought one a couple of weeks ago off of the same friend who sold me the drums, fifteen bucks! Almost as much as the whole kit, haha! Now I just have to get my mom to clear her crap out of the laundry room so I can unbury the drums from my old-old bedroom turned storage room for more of my moms crap and set it up so I can play!!! YAY! I've even been practicing, just not with actual drums, you know. I even have a hi-hat mascot! His name is jingle-bells, he's a marshmallow that I shoved onto the hi-hat post thingy and he dances when I use the hi-hat! I drew him an evil face with a purple pen, he's pretty rad.

Anyways, I think I'm about done here... I think I'm cured of my keyboard fear. Can't wait to order my elann.com stuff! Yay, so excited... So yeah, I done

Love from Kate


I FORGOT!!!! The reason I wanted to post today! HA! Smart me.

I found my new favourite LiveJournal Community! t shirt surgery is a group blog all about deconstructing and reconstructing t-shirts! I especially love this because yesterday, while my mom and I were hanging out in Chapters while waiting for 7:20 when The Devil Wears Prada started, I found this book called Tease!!! It's all about remodelling t-shirts! Something I really love to do, I've done it alot and I have many XL concert tees to redo. I also discovered OhMyStars.net the rest of Katie from katieknits site. She has some really excellent tutorials on remaking t-shirts into awesome things and on just sewing relly fresh things too! And some very innovative craft ideas that I will be sure to steal as soon as I get the chance! This Katie is not to be confused with me though, she's a tad more talented in the craftal area! Although our blog urls are different by only a letter. Hey, maybe I'll get some accidental blog hits on account of katieknits typos! I swear I didn't even know there was a katieknits when I signed up for kateknits! I thought of putting katieknits but I decided I liked kateknits better, I didn't even see that it was taken. Haha. Funny stuff. Anyways, she's awesome, if you haven't already, go see her. BTW, I love that cloud color chart and I printed it off, sorry, I might just have to steal it for something bag-like! It's adorable.

Anyways, I think I'm definately done now. Kachow. If I remember something else, I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Lord child, I needed that laugh! Poor Mittsy, havin' to put up with you freakin' out over what is essentially a snack for him (bleah!) Proly startled him out of a nice nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just ordered 10 balls of elann baby silk in the same color. i have some blue sky alpaca and silk in the stash, and i'd say elann is right up there in terms of quality...the baby silk is very soft and i can't wait to use it.

    i heart elann, don't knock it! and i'm not even canadian.

    the bryspuns on the other hand--i have some for knitting lace. the points are very good. the joins are very very bad. i have to stop knitting every few stitches and tug them past the join on the needles.

    ReplyDelete

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name