Friday, July 28, 2006

YAY!

Look! Look what I got!
(I put up the flash pics because they really represent the colors better)
Oh my gosh, better than christmas people!!! Sooo excited! First of all, I have to say, bravo elann.com! Everything was packaged absolutely perfect and lovely. Everything got a seperate bag and was clean and beautiful! You guys make an excellent first impression. And your Canadian, that makes me love you even more! Thank you!

I'm going to do Maze first, to get it done and free up the needles. The hemp feels so cool! It's really interesting in texture and quite stiff right now. It was all coming unwound because of the stiffness, but thats okay, I'm going to use it right away anyways. The Bryspun needles, for being so nice and cheap, are packaged very nicely. For some reason, the cheap needles are only ever packaged in fours, if you want five you have to buy two sets or buy the more exspensive ones. Not these though, they come in fives, very good. I can't wait to get working with them.

The Baby Silk is so amazingly soft! Oh my gosh! It's like petting whipped cream! (thats a new one, eh? Whipped cream...) They are much smaller than I expected but that doesn't matter really. I'm going to enjoy working with this stuff.

Look what else I did. I dyed the wool that my aunt gave me with kool-aid! I'm really happy with the blue color, not so much with the purpley one, I was going for lavender but I didn't have any blue left to cool the color down. I used it all for the blue.
But I am really really happy with that blue, it's gorgeous. I think it's a little lighter than in the picture though.

Look at her, ain't she cute? She stretched out just as I grabbed the camera. Thats Carmen everyone.

See? Kitties love almost everything about knitting, the needles feel nice on the teeth and at petting tools, they make good toys too. The yarn is the best though, just look at him, flossing his little kitty teeth.


The other night, the water softener/heater was on again and Mitts heard it and it freaked him out a little, he jumped off my bed to goo sit in front of the closet doors and he acted like he was protecting me from the water monster. I think he spooked himself though because every once in a while he'd go hide underneath the book case.To get that picture I put the camera on sepia and covered the flash, it makes it so the kitty is still visible (barely) but doesn't blind the poor guy. I wanted to show how round his eyes were, he was a scared kitty.

Look what happens on regular color mode when I cover the flash!

One more picture, the cats were the closest I've ever seen them last night without Carmen trying to bite Mitts. She did at first, but I held her down to calm her and so she wouldn't run away, they did pretty well, I had to keep petting Carmen to keep her calm. Maybe one day they can be friends? I think part of the reason that she bit him was because he also kind of accidentally rolled on to her when he layed down. The poor guy, you should have heard his squawk when she bit him!
Lastly, I'd like to give a big shout-out to my first (known) outside reader! Yay! Bradyphrenia left me a comment the other day. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad I have a reader. Regular or not, it's nice to know that people other than family read this thing. (not that I'm not glad my family reads it! Hi dad!) If any one else reads this thing, leave me a comment, kay?

Thats all for today guys, buh-bye, gotta go knit!

Kate

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name