Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A sort-of productive day

Well, I did it, I finally went out and handed out some resumes and filled out an application. I ended up only giving out two resumes, one at the Shoppers Drug Mart (along with my application) and one at the new 24hr Vet Clinic, the lady at the clinic said she wasn't sure if they needed anyone but she'd take my resume just in case.

So my elann.com order should be here this week and I've been shopping for future projects that I want to do, planning a lot. I have five projects from Interweave Knits Spring 06 that I have found yarn subs for on elann.com. I've also been planning at least three felted bags almost since I first started knitting. Two are charts from Dominknitrix, Rosie the Riveter and Bruce Lee, although Bruce Lee might just end up being a rather large, non-felted patch for a friend or a wall hanging or something. I'm also planning a Nine Inch Nails felted bag, double-knit to be reversible and it will have the NIN logo with a facial silhouette of Trent Reznor that I am very proud of, I made the chart for it myself.

One thing that I am really craving right now is bright and beautiful self-striping sock yarn. I shall have to try that dyeing method soon. The Regia, etc. ones are nice, but they tend to be very boring colors. I would really like to get some vesper sock yarn, from kpixie.com, but they seem to sell out of it in a snap. They even have a special mailing list to join so they notify you as soon as they get the new vesper up.

Yesterday, I got a little bored and I had just finished cleaning my room like a mad woman (which never, I mean never, happens) and I was very sweaty and bored. So I pointed the fan to the middle of the room, cranked up my music and did this:
Remember that Chinook knitting wool that I got from my aunt? Well, it closely resembled pencil roving and i wanted to spin something simple. Sooo, I spun it and washed it and dryed it that night and it's rather nice. This is about three-quarters of a wool-bail. The funny thing is, I have another two whole bails of this stuff! I intend to spin it all. I thing that getting spun has improved this yarn because it strengthened it. Before, it broke very easily and there were too many un-spun plies. I'm very pround of it, not sure why, it just looks really nice. I'm not sure what to make out of it either, I think it's too scratchy for clothing, maybe a pillow? Or a rug? Blah, I've got plenty on spinning time to mull that over.



Another thing I did last night:
This is me carrying the Phentex upstairs with a knitting needle to be bagged and value villaged. I didn't want to touch it any more that I had to.

I'm done, off to go fantasize about roller-skating to Jamiroquai and eat my salad.

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name