Monday, July 24, 2006

Okay, so I realize that this makes almost two posts in a day but it was late for the last one and also for this one so it doesn't count!

So, last week, while waiting for the Devil Wears Prada, my mom bought me this:Woot! I have Stitch 'N Bitch Nation already and I've been wanting this for a long time, I'm already looking for elann.com substitutions for some Brown Sheep sweaters, why? There is only one known Brown Sheep retailer in Alberta and he's nice and all, but he's out in DeWinton. Also, not very far away, but for less money and a little more time, I can have pretty much the same thing or better from my lovely elann.com! You know, there are no yarn stores in the south end of the city! Unless you count Micheals, but I wouldn't. They are all in Bridgeland or on 17th or way the hell out on Sarcee... Exactly on the opposite side of the city from me... boo. And they're outrageously priced too! So the exspensive yarn and the gas money added up together makes it not worth it! Well, unless I really really need to. Piffle.

Anyways, so I have been knitting! Look!Kay, so this isn't technically knitting but I did some fringe removal on a blanket that my auntie gave me a long time ago for christmas because I have a really obsessive right-side-up thing, the fringe had to always be at the bottom, and it was driving me nuts. Also because I'm too tall for the blanket and I need to lay on my stomach and stretch out sometimes to sleep and my feet always got tangled up in them! hahaha.

Now for some actual knitting.

(notice the chunk of Mittens tail in the bottom-left corner?) So this picture pretty much sums this almost-project up. It's a big tangled mess of slighty-gettingonmynerves yarn. I decided it wants to be a blanket, assembled in strips... Going to be a boring stockinette project, but oh well. I plan to re-use the knitting one strip at a time to eventually have a whole blanket idea to later make a nice, NON-NOVELTY, smooth, bulky yarn. In turquoise and brown strips... hmm? Sound good?

So I'm having a major case of ADD-related impatience for my elann.com order, it hasn't been shipped yet and I got an email today saying that the circulars I ordered are out of stock and whether I want them to ship the rest of my order and I can re-order the circs later or if i want to wait until they're available. I had a very lucky moment with this, I checked my circ inventory and it just so happens that I already have a circular in the size I was going to order. Convenient!

By the way, I have rediscovered Jamiroquai! You should too! Look it up. Now!

Anyways, I think I'm actually tired tonight, so i might have a chance of sleeping, yaaay...
Goodnight
Kate

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name