Tuesday, July 25, 2006

One, two, buckle my shoe

So I seem to be a little blog obsessed lately? Well, at least this post isn't coming from the middle of the night, it is at (a much more respectable) 6:30 PM.

Yesterday I found this, (seventh comment down by Erin) and promptly laughed till I hurt. The statement wasn't all that outrageously funny either, but I just found it hilarious for some reason. Indeed, "How does one put out a fire on a spinning turntable inside a closed box?" Hmm?

The blog on which I discovered this statement was none other than See Eunny Knit, which I have found to be very enjoyable and extremely informative. Although, what a steek is/does still eludes me. Eunny is a young woman who is seemingly old-fashioned but I find her designs very refreshing and startlingly beautiful. They are simple in shape, but often including some intricate lacework or brocade/damask-like colorwork. Said colorwork is mostly fair-isle which I haven't had the opportunity to try yet, but something tells me it would be a trifle more fun than intarsia. (which I also have never tried) Another suprising little tidbit of info on Eunny is that she allegedly has no yarn stash to speak of! I didn't think it was possible! Kudos for Eunny on having good self-control. So, go check out her blog, she's a fabulous writer, I love to read her entries, they're an art in themselves. She also has a wonderful tutorial on how to dye your very own self-striping sock yarn with kool-aid! Being the only dye I ever use, I intend to try this as soon as I can find some reasonably priced plain sock yarn.

My elann.com order has now officially been shipped and is on it's merry way! I am absolutely quivering with anticipation. I've never ordered yarn before. It's not only yarn, it's nice yarn, really nice yarn. I have never bought yarn from anywhere other than Micheal's, Wal-Mart, and Value Village. The only actual yarn stores I've bought from are Pudding Yarn, Make One and Knit One, Chat Too. Even then, I had hardly any money to spend and I didn't really have any plans for the yarn I bought. These yarns, purchased from elann.com, have a specific, intended project and, for some reason, that makes me even more giddy.

I've got some pictures of even more things that I'm currently knitting. The thing is, I keep finding things that I am still working on, just not steadily. I have countless amounts of projects constantly on the run.

So, number one:
Dad's blue sock, (yes, very singular) is a little slow going, it was my computer sock until my computer stopped working for a bit, I would sit at the loading screens for The Sims and work on it. But The Sims no longer works and I have high-speed internet, so there's not much time to work on it, I guess. I would do it while watching television, not only is nothing good on, but I cannot stand to stay on my main level for more than a few minutes in this weather, it's just too hot. I'd say I've done maybe one round or less on this in the last little while.

Knucks:From the summer issue of Knitty. I would have to agree with GrrLeigh and say, "What the hell? It's summer!!! What are you guys smoking over there?!?!" I, myself am Canadian and this issue of Knitty severely lends itself to the ridiculous notion that everything above the US/Canada border is permafrost. Just slightly infuriating. It's a shame they couldn't decide to bring this stuff out for say, a fall issue? That would seem to be much more reasonable. Most of the things in this issue are quite nice, but completely out of season. I don't care how far north you live, you don't give patterns for toques and gloves in the middle of summer! It's depressing!

I shant proceed to give a Knitty review, it's much too late. But expect to see one for each future issue (if I can manage it), and maybe reviews of future issues Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting.

Razor Cami:
Shown here with two and a half rounds completed, not much yet. Also shown is my new favourite household appliance, my beloved fan! Stationed right beside my computer and it can be angled to hit me while I'm in bed. Perfect.
I have decided to be insanely impatient and start on this before my yarn arrives with some stash busted yarn of that same weight. It is of mohair and it is a faily bright blue, almost guaranteed to be ugly, but I see it as a bit of a practice run, so see how many stitches I need to cast on and how I like the pattern and so forth. By the way, in regards to casting on stitches, I had to cast on 36 more stitches (six inches) for it to fit me! I thought Katie and I were relatively the same size but apparantly she's much tinier than I thought. And no dear, I'm not saying I thought you were "fat" because then, I would have to be calling myslef fat, wouldn't I? I know I'm not fat so there... Just having a little moment of self-validation, I'm fine now, carry-on everybody.

I believe I'm done. Thanks for the ears and eyes.

Kate

0 after the beep:

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name